Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Final Part 1. The Johnny Cash Project

For the Johnny Cash Project, I found this image and knew exactly how I wanted to do it. I started by trying to make the face of Johnny Cash resemble a skull, both to symbolize his death as well as the morbid image of him leaning up against a gravestone. In doing so i ended up going with an outline trace style which i think really brings out the main images of the frame, being the gravestone and the outline of Johnny's body. Once I outlined his body, I decided to keep it as such and not go into further detail on his face or clothing, to give it more of a "dead" look. I decided to use a blur effect as the background to make the two front images stand out. Overall i think it turned out pretty good and simple, which is what I wanted.

http://www.thejohnnycashproject.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment